Tropical Storm Colin was hitting Florida last night and I was in no mood for salad or any other type of rabbit food.
I was craving something spicy, curry sounded like a fantabulous option.
I’m consciously eating healthy though.
Easy solution… sub out the rice and bread for cauliflower rice and make a quick and easy vegetable curry and throw some shrimp in for protein.
This is super easy and takes all of 30 minutes to cook. Quite frankly it was delicious!
For the Cauliflower Rice (for 2 portions)
1/2 head of Cauliflower
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
1 tbp butter
zezt of one lime
- Grate or blitz (I use a small food chopper) the cauliflower
- In a frying pan on medium stir fry in the butter the cauliflower and garlic for approximately 5 minutes, continuously stirring
- Finish with lime zest and cilantro
- I always serve mine after it’s been in a mold so it looks pretty on the plate (see to right of image above) – I just like my food to look pretty! I literally use 1/3 cup measures for this!
Vegetable & Shrimp Curry
Again this is not a posh long cook curry… just something simple to enjoy quickly!
1/2 onion chopped
1/4 cauliflower chopped
cup of frozen peas
2 carrots chopped
5 cloves garlic chopped
1 cup veg or chicken stock
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 tablespoon of garam masala
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup coconut cream (from can (tin) of coconut milk – do no shake – don’t buy low fat one!)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro – reserve teaspoon for decoration
Shrimp for two (I do about 10 / person depending on size)
- In saucepan with a close fitting lid add everything except the coconut milk , lime and cilantro
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes on a medium low heat, stirring occasionally
- When vegetables are soft uncover, add shrimp, coconut cream and all but reserved cilantro
- When shrimp are cooked through serve with sprinkling of cilantro and squeeze of fresh lime
See, super easy. But it is yummy and satisfied my craving for something spicy 🙂