Who doesn’t love a delicious roast chicken?
I actually had an ulterior motive to buying a chicken today.. I needed to see how much meat when it’s pulled a bird would have on it.. long story, we’re catering a wedding Friday and doing smoked chickens.. anyway great deal on Aldi chickens, so I wanted to taste test and find out the pulled chicken weight of the meat!
Chicken’s at Aldi are only 97c / lb… crazy!.. this was a 5 1/2 lb bird.
1 lemon (zested and quartered)
6 sprigs of rosemary (3 chopped finely)
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
Cracked black pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Heat oven to 350f
1. Check your chicken inside for giblets and remove
2. Salt & Pepper the insides of your chicken
3. Combine the lemon zest, garlic and chopped rosemary
4. Rub the chicken with olive oil, then salt and pepper the whole bird
5. Rub lemon, garlic, rosemary mixture over
6. Cook until 165f at thickest points of bird – baste with the juices as it cooks…(it will continue to cook after removed from the oven)
You should have a nice juicy bird!
My name is Clare L Jones. I’m a wife and mom to a 4 legged hairy son(!). I make my money as a Plexus Independent Ambassador. I give back to the Plexus community by providing free Social Media training (some of which you can find HERE)