I’ve been running 3 separate blogs .. 2 recipe ones and a social media training one… so my intention was to combine everything in one.
This is a fab recipe from over at my Plexus Success Low Carb recipe blog…It’s delicious, zingy and low calorie… Enjoy!
1/4 cup fresh pineapple
1 tsp Hoisin sauce
1 tbsp low sodium Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Thai Chili Garlic Paste
1 tsp Chinese Five Spices
1/2 tbsp black sesame seeds
14 butter lettuce leaves
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup beansprouts
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 (cup g) chopped mint
3 garlic cloves
1/4 piece Ginger Root
4 oz ground chicken (thigh if possible)
4 oz shrimp
1. Use your food chopper to finely chop 2 onions, the garlic and ginger
2. Combine with chicken, five spice and chili sauce and cook chicken through
3. Once chicken has cooked pulse the shrimp in the chopper and then add and cook an additional couple of minutes until it is cooked through.
4. Slice the remaining onion, cucumber (I use the Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler ) cilantro and mint. Combine with all other veggies in a bowl
5. Back to your Food processor (wash out the raw shrimp left overs) – combine the soy, hoisin and pineapple to make the sauce
Assemble – sprinkle with black sesame and ENJOY
To make things super easy I use one of these… it’s my life saver in the kitchen!
You can get this one like mine on Amazon here.. but there are lots of others to choose from.. it doesn’t have to be a Cuisinart, but these small ones are SO handy – I use this three times in this recipe.